What Do We Offer?
- ”High-Touch” daily sanitation.
- Sanitation, Disinfection, Sterilization.
- Commercial Spaces
- Industrial Spaces.
- Supply Inventory Management.
- Windows, Floors, & Carpets.
- Days, Nights & Weekend cleaning services.
- 24 hours 7 days a week emergency services.
- Locally Owned & Operated
What are Emerging and Infectious Diseases?
The CDC defines infectious diseases as “illnesses caused by germs (such as bacteria, viruses, and fungi) that enter the body, multiply, and cause an infection.” Depending on the disease, there are different ways that it can be spread:
- From one person to another
- Through germs carried in air, water, food, or soil
- By insects, ticks, or animals
Emerging diseases are infections that have increased recently or are threatening to increase in the near future. These infections could be
- Newly discovered
- Completely new to an area
- Reappearing in an area
- Caused by bacteria that have become resistant to antibiotics
How do we reduce the SPREAD?
There are many pathogenic microorganisms that can be infectious, which have varying levels of difficulty to inactivate. Many of the recent emerging pathogens we have seen are enveloped viruses, including Coronavirus (COVID-19). Enveloped viruses are more susceptible to disinfectants, so they are less difficult to inactivate. This also means, however, that they are easier to spread and re-contaminate.
When SHOULD YOU CALL?
If you need help setting up or maintaining routine cleanliness conditions, or if you believe you or your facility has been exposed to someone with an infectious disease, you may want to call in a professional like Gleam Clean Services to disinfect.
How can GLEAM CLEAN SERVICES help?
- Our expert technicians are trained to clean first to remove organic loads and gross soiling. Then they sanitize or disinfect as appropriate.
B. When we do this, we follow the guidelines set in place by the CDC, EPA, FDA, WHO, and other regulatory functions as appropriate. There are many methods of disinfection and you can be assured that your technician is trained to do each in the recommended manner. Our technicians also use appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) with your security and privacy in consideration.
What is recontamination?
Though we disinfect using the recommended products and protocols, someone entering the space can then re-contaminate after the disinfection.
What can I do to protect myself?
- Follow CDC recommendations to help break the cycle of infection including using appropriate hand hygiene, respiratory etiquette, and social distancing.
B. Maintain general preparedness: Hand hygiene, respiratory etiquette, and maintaining routine cleanliness are great ways to keep yourself healthy, not just when infectious diseases are spreading.
C. If you need help disinfecting your facility, the experts at Gleam Clean Services can help.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
We are here to help. If you are interested in learning more about our infection prevention services, or if you believe your facility has been exposed to an infectious disease, please reach out and we’ll connect you with one of our experts.